IDFC Biodiversity Toolbox online webinar – Session 1: Linking Finance and Biodiversity. An introduction.
4th July, 60-75 min, Webex
- To better understand the importance of biodiversity/nature loss for financial institutions
- To explore the linkages between biodiversity and other societal goals
- To analyze the consequences of international policy frameworks on the financial and economic sectors.
- To explore the responsibility of financial institutions regarding the biodiversity crisis
- To consolidate the knowledge and understanding of biodiversity-related risks, impacts and dependencies
- To get acquainted with the step-wise approach of integrating biodiversity in development finance institutions and step 1 of the toolbox
|5 min||· Welcome/ short input||· Introduction to Webinar Series|
|20 min||· Input||· What is biodiversity, what are ecosystem services and why is it/are they important for development finance institutions (DFIs)?
· Risks, impacts and dependencies
· Interlinkages with other goals (SDGs (minimum: social aspects), climate)
|20 min||· Input||· How is this dealt with on the international level (COP – Brief feedback on COP 15 and consequences for FIs (alignment of financial flows, T15, T19 and others; Other current developments: TNFD, Taxonomy, Regulation, standards (EU and others), central banks/NGFS, private sector, MDBs)
· What is IDFC doing (position paper, toolbox)
|20 min||· Input· Discussion· Wrap-up||· Introduction of the step-wise approach for integrating biodiversity into development finance institutions and step 1 of the toolbox
· Q & A
· Data sources
· Outlook next sessions
This event is public, register here: email@example.com