International Development Finance Club (IDFC) is an association of like-minded development banks. It has no distinct legal personality per se and the membership carries no legally binding obligations, other than those expressly foreseen in the IDFC Charter. Members operate within the framework of development policies of their respective countries and assist their respective governments in fulfilling their national and international commitments, and within the framework set forth by their constitutive documents.
The Annual Meeting is a meeting of all Members of the Club, each represented by its CEO or designated representative. The Annual Meeting decides (inter alia) on:
- Any modification of the Charter
- The admission and exclusion of a Member
- The appointment and the removal of the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairpersons
- The determination of the powers and authority of the Chairpersons and the Vice-Chairpersons
- The determination of the power and authority of the Steering Group
- The annual work program of the Club and its deliverables
- The execution of specific projects of the Club sponsored by the Members or any other material business or subject
- The passing of declarations on subjects of mutual interest
- The dissolution of the Club
Streamlined for success
IDFC Steering Group
The Steering group is comprised of the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairpersons of the Club elected from among the Members for two-year periods and is responsible for preparation and follow-up of the Annual Meeting and any other business that does not fall into the authority of the Annual Meeting. It convenes at least once a year.
Each Member nominates a contact person (Sherpa) to represent its institution in the Club activities. The sherpas are in charge of preparing the IDFC roadmap and of reviewing the work and deliverables of the Club in preparation for the annual meeting.
The Secretariat organizes and administers the work of the Club and coordinates the implementation of decisions taken by the Annual Meeting.
Networks of professionals
The Club is set to promote dialogue among colleagues that are sharing similar positions within development banks members of IDFC. They aim at sharing best expertise and knowledge among the IDFC members’ expert groups and develop activities of common interest.
Steering group governance
CO CHAIR – BOAD
Javier Diaz Farjardo
CO CHAIR – BANCOLDEX
VICE CHAIR – AFD
VICE CHAIR – KFW
VICE CHAIR – BNDES
VICE CHAIR – CAF
VICE CHAIR – CDG
VICE CHAIR – DBSA
VICE CHAIR – JICA
Hani Salem Sonbol
VICE CHAIR – ICD
Steering Group Member
VICE CHAIR – CDB