IDFC is launching its online Webinars on Integrating Biodiversity into Strategies and Operations PDBs, open registrations!13 June 2023
A year ago, IDFC released its Toolbox on Biodiversity to introduce the conceptual foundations for understanding the role of biodiversity for financial institutions.
To help the Club’s members as well as any Development Finance Institutions, KfW is coordinating Knowledge Sharing online Webinars to integrate the challenges of integrating biodiversity into the strategies and operations. This toolbox is a source of inspiration for its users and facilitate a continuous exchange of knowledge and experience. The serie of Webinars should be useful for both newcomers to the topic and established professionals.
Overall objectives of the online webinars:
- Provide with an overview of the debates around biodiversity mainstreaming
- Help to get acquainted with the toolbox
- Support in engaging in discussions about concepts, approaches, and tools so the toolbox becomes a useful source of information
Come on the Knowledge Library to get the webinar toolbox:
Session 1: Linking Finance and Biodiversity. Overview of current debates and biodiversity-related risks & internal communication (Step 1)
- To better understand the importance of biodiversity/nature loss for financial institutions
- To explore the linkages between climate change and biodiversity.
- To analyze the consequences of international policy frameworks (Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework, …) on the financial and economic sectors.
- To understand the concept of alignment of financial flows with the GBF
- To explore the responsibility of financial institutions regarding biodiversity crisis beyond climate crisis
- To consolidate the knowledge and understanding of biodiversity-related risks and the relevant tools, frameworks and standards.
- To reflect on the integration of biodiversity into development finance institutions.
- To get acquainted with the step-wise approach and step 1 of the toolbox
Session 2: Setting the stage: identifying risks, impacts and opportunities, developing a biodiversity strategy and targets (Toolbox Steps 2 & 3)
- To get an enhanced understanding of Steps 2 & 3 of IDFC toolbox and related tools
- To learn from examples and get inspiration and guidance for application of tools
- Sharing experience with developing a biodiversity strategy
- To share lessons learnt and success factors
Session 3: Managing risks and increasing biodiversity-positive impacts at project level
- Explore steps 2 and 3 of the IDFC toolbox, which focus on identifying an institution’s impacts and dependencies on biodiversity, as well as developing a biodiversity strategy and targets.
- Get acquainted with the tool “Exploring Natural Capital Opportunities, Risks and Exposure (ENCORE)”.
- Engage with experiences shared by others in developing biodiversity strategies, gaining insights from their successes and challenges.
- Share own experiences and engage in discussions about approaches and tools presented.
Session 4: Monitoring and outreach.
- To get an enhanced understanding of Steps 7 (Monitoring and reporting) & 8 (Information and knowledge sharing) and related tools.
- To learn from examples and to get inspiration and guidance for application of tools.
- To share lessons learnt and success factors.